Can I Get Rich On A Salary participated in three personal-finance blog carnivals this past week.
Mrs. Micah: Finance for a Freelance Life hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance #158 : Vampire Slaying Edition. Here are a few of the posts that gave me blood-curdling screams:
RC of Think Your Way To Wealth suggests the two simplest ways for graduates to achieve retirement success…Jesse of You Need a Budget reminds us that living within your means is a two-part equation…FrugalTrader at Million Dollar Journey has written a primer on how to buy and sell shares on the stock market…Flexo from Consumerism Commentary explains target retirement funds, their advantages and drawbacks…Millionaire Mommy Next Door reveals a dirty little secret. She knows better than to hide her old possessions, and plans to make some changes to free herself from her past to be open to abundance…
The Dividend Guy hosted the Carnival of Money Stories Edition #65. Here is a sampling of the stories:
My Investing Blog hosted the Money Hacks Carnival #18 — The History Of Money! Here is a sampling of the money hacks:
Outside of blog carnivals, I found the following posts at personal-finance blogs interesting, educational, informative, entertaining, or some combination of those—consider checking them out!
- A Stock Market Reality Check: What Investment Risk Actually Looks Like (at The Digerati Life)
- Laura Richardson, Julia Boseman, and Shirley Huntley - Representatives of Financial Irresponsibility? (at The Baglady)
- Introduction To The Stock Market (at Moolanomy)
- Are You Financially Healthy? The 5 Stages (at Moolanomy)
Here are some other mentions of Can I Get Rich On A Salary, outside of blog carnivals, from the past week or thereabouts.
- My post, The Price Of Your Favorite Color, was mentioned by Silicon Valley Blogger in Biweekly Pay, Frugal Camping Ideas @ The Carnivals (at The Digerati Life) and by RC in Weekend Roundup-Independence Day Edition (at Think Your Way to Wealth).
- My post, Success Stories: Age 49, Beating Back Brain Cancer, and Beating the Market to the Tune of $3,000,000, was mentioned in Weekend Reading - June 27, 2008 (at Million Dollar Journey).
- My post, Do You Hide Purchases From Your Spouse or Partner (Apparently Like Many Americans)?, was mentioned in Freshly Squeezed News: June 21-27, 2008 (at Thrifty Mamas).
- My post, Keeping Up With The Joneses Redux — Real or Imagined?, reached “Top Buzz” status at PFBuzz.
- My post, Teach Yourself to Invest In Stocks?, was mentioned in June 23, 2008 Link Payday (at Uncommon Cents).
- My post, Looking Back — 10 Years And More Than $1,000,000 Ago, was mentioned in Research Prospective Employers, Timing the Market and More @ The Round Up (at The Personal Financier) and Thursday’s Best of The Carnivals (at Value For Your Life).
- My post, How We Try To Control Our Expenses Without Much Of A Budget, was mentioned in Read This Book or Hello Kitty Dies (at Tales from the Road Less Traveled).
- My post, Should You Reinvest Stock Dividends?, was referenced in How to Find Top Paying Dividend Stocks (at Investor Trip).